No skill is more fundamental to our students’ education than reading. And no recent book has done more to advance our understanding of the neuroscience behind this so-critical skill than David Sousa’s How the Brain Learns to Read.
Top among the second edition’s many new features are:
- Correlations to the Common Core State Standards
- A new chapter on how to teach for comprehension
- Much more on helping older struggling readers master subject-area content
- Ways to tailor strategies to the unique needs of struggling learners
- Key links between how the brain learns spoken and written language